Now Recruiting | General Manager | £32,000-£35,000
Located in the hipster Capital of East London stands The Well and Bucket, part of the award winning Urban Pubs & Bars (Best Managed Pubs 1-50 2021, Best pub food offer 2021), a fast growing independent hospitality group with an incredible and diverse range of pubs, bars and restaurants all with their own quirky personality.
Serving pints since 1818, the Well and Bucket mixes a great vibe of traditional with contemporary twists. We are known for our fantastic range of Ales and Beers and our exquisite Sea food, Oysters and Lobster menu. Our downstairs candle lit cocktail bar is the perfect setting for an intimate evening with friends.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager who is passionate about outstanding service, able to drive and motivate their team members to deliver high quality personalised service and is ready to play a vital part in continuing to shape our expanding business. You will work closely with our Head Chef to deliver continually evolving creative, seasonal dishes and lead by example, plus having a outgoing personality to boot.
- Take lead responsibility for the team on shift to ensure service standards, safety and security expectations are all met
- Support all team members to ensure success, communicating well with the whole team and all management/ operations
- Engage with our customers acting as an ambassador for Urban Pubs and Bars
- Provide an outstanding experience for our customers by delivering service excellence and demonstrating behaviours in line with our vision and values, acting as a role model for staff members
- Promote and market the pub/restaurant as appropriate to our customers e.g. upcoming events, private hire space
- Take ownership for their own development and is willing to learn new skills and explore opportunities to continually improve and progress
- Set standards of performance, for all employees to achieve and aspire to exceed
- Create a culture of participation and belonging through inviting suggestions, and development through motivation, incentives, reward and recognition as appropriate
- Ensure all members of staff, including managers, are clear on always putting our customers’ needs first
- In liaison with the operations team, the people team and your management team actively develop further efficient operations, procedures and systems to ensure the business continues to progress
- Be passionate about training our team to ensure they have the knowledge needed to provide an unforgettable experience
Company benefits include:
- training and development
- career progression and promotion opportunities with regular new openings
- 30% off the total bill at our pubs, bars and restaurants
- the opportunity to make strategic decisions within your business – not simply following a branded template!
- an attractive base salary and fun working environment
- annual team trips abroad, regular management incentives and socials – a fun, family atmosphere
So if you’re a General Manager that wants to work in an environment where you get to make your mark and develop your career in a highly driven, progressive business, we’d love to hear from you.
Get in touch today!